Singapore 2009 Holiday Day 19

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

New Victory Restaurant Muslim Food, Bugis

25112009249

This morning, Dad took us for a Roti Prata breakfast at a place which he ate at when he was younger. We disembarked at Lavender MRT and walked quite a distance down North Bridge Rd. Turns out this place was just behind Golden Landmark Hotel, which is close to Bugis MRT.

The roti bread was cooked with egg, which resulted in it being quite light and tasty. There was two accompanying curry sauces, one hot, one not quite. Both were tasty but the hotter one was definitely the best. I had one and a half serves before I couldn't eat anymore. Everyone ate (8 people) with a few drinks for about $23 SGD.

Afterwards, Mum and Dad bought some ikan bilis from a wholesale market at Bugis. They then headed off to the Chinese Gardens. LWA and I headed to Pagoda Street at Chinatown, as I wanted to buy hanging decorations and LWA wanted trinkets.

I ended up buying 5 wall hangings, and we then headed back towards the hotel. At United Square, LWA had Starbucks, we then looked through game store (which was finally open), and then I had a snack.

McDonalds, United Square

25112009250

My lunch/snack ended up being a $2 McChicken. I was originally going to have a double cheeseburger but ended up with the salad option. This wasn't the freshest burger by a long shot.

Afterwards, i headed back to the hotel to start packing for the journey home. At 5:30, we met up again to head over to my cousin CK's place.

Old Chang Kee, Toa Payoh

25112009251

Before going up to CK's flat, I had another snack to tide me over till dinner. Originally, I wanted a couple of chicken wings, but I didn't see any. So I had this Curry-O instead. After, I found the wings on the other side in a different warmer.

KFC, Toa Payoh

25112009252

After quite a long chat, a few of the guys decided to go and grab dinner, which was KFC. In the end, I believe two family meals were purchased, one with original recipe, the other with a black pepper crust. The black pepper crust was hotter than Australian Hot and Spicy I thought, but the others didn't seem to think so. I much prefer Australian coleslaw as it is not sweet. Their popcorn chicken is weird. All in all, whilst Burger King and McDonalds is pretty similar between the two countries, KFC is vastly different.

I also ended up eating half a packet of longans, which CB brought along.

No comments: