Singapore 2009 Holiday Day 7

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Starbucks & Old Chang Kee, United Square

13112009120
13112009121
13112009122

The morning started off with breakfast with Mum and Dad. This time, I bought a Starbucks Passport ($30 SGD), which allows 6 drinks (hot drinks are grande size, cold drinks are tall size). From Old Chang Kee, I had the chicken porridge, chicken wing and Sardine-O. The porridge was quite tasty, I would definitely have it again. They also give you two big fried dough sticks (I forget what they are called) which I didn't eat cos too much makes me feel sick.

Afterwards, we headed to Plaza Singapura, a shopping centre just off Dhoby Gaut MRT station. This centre also houses Carrefour, where Dad says has good durian. We all worked through the first 3 floors before calling lunch time.

Food Court, Plaza Singapura

13112009123


There was a Kuala Lumpur Roasted Delights store, although it looked like any other Cantonese roast meat shop. I got rice with roast duck, pork and char siu, and what was supposed to be a salted duck egg, but ended up being a normal chicken egg. Fail. It was pretty good actually, the roast pork was chopped very thinly but the skin was still intact and very crunchy, so their knives were very good. The soup that accompanied was very peppery and probably loaded with MSG.

We then went through the rest of the floors, before going back to Carrefour to buy some durian. Here, we bought two packs of durian, one which was $38 (pictured) and one for $20.

Durian from Carrefour, Plaza Singapura

13112009124

This was the most expensive durian I've ever tasted. The description said small seeds, but the seeds weren't that small I thought. The flesh however, was very creamy and strong in durian flavour. Mmmmmmm. I'd probably eat this again, although the $20 was just as creamy, just not as flavoursome, but half the price.... Carley-ah is now a durian convert and we now have to fight with her for our share of durian goodness.

Food Court @ Ang Mo Kio Hub

13112009125

On the way to the Night Safari, we stopped at Ang Mo Kio for dinner. Not knowing what to eat, I turned to my list and ticked off Nasi Lemak. The coconut rice was rich and flavourful, and the various condiments were nice with some sambal chilli. The only problem was there was not enough of it.

Four Seasons Durian, Ang Mo Kio Hub

13112009126

On level B2 of Ang Mo Kio Hub was a stall of all products made from durian. They had these pancakes for $1.50 each. Whilst the pancake was relatively plain, the durian rich filling was full of durian goodness flavour. Mmmmm. I hope they have other outlets or we make our way back again for some more! Wagg also bought some durian puffs, which were profiterole like pastries with presumably the same filling. Very tasty indeed.

Afterwards, we headed to the zoo.

Tiong Bahru Bao, Toa Payoh

14112009127

My dinner was relatively small and I was hungry by the time we got back to the hotel. I was going to walk to the nearest Maccas to see if they were still open, but it was raining. So Mum went into her room and produce this pork bao. I'm not sure if it was my hunger, but this bao was delicious! Nice chunky bits of pork with slightly sweet pastry. Mmmmm, just thinking about it is making my mouth salivate.

No comments: