Singapore 2009 Holiday Day 5

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21


Old Chang Kee & Starbucks, United Square

11112009101

11112009102

This mornings breakfast consisted of a fried chicken wing, Sardine-O, free warm soy bean milk and a grande cafe latte. The Sardine-O was a standout for me, it was tasty with its tomato sardine filling, with a heap of chilli. The soy bean milk was quite warm and refreshing, I also received Arnee-ahs soy bean too.

Afterwards we headed to Orchard Road, to check out the new ION shopping centre. We quickly concluded that it was way beyond our payscales, and headed toward something more our style, Lucky Plaza. Here we went up level by level until about 11:40AM, when we went for lunch.

Asian Food Mall, Lucky Plaza

CB and Wagg previously had horfun here and quite liked it. So I opted for the same, along with a watermelon juice.

11112009103

11112009105
The noodles weren't bad, they were tasty enough, but I didn't think there was any great amount of wok hei. I think I can get my noodles more smokey. The prawns were also whole, so I had to peel those and dirtied my hands, oh well.

Starbucks & Famous Amos, Wisma Atria

After a bit more shopping (I bought COD:MW2 from HMV for $70 AUD), we stopped at Famous Amos, and then Starbucks. I bought some chewy choc macadamia cookies, and had two of them with a tall cafe latte. The cookies were soft and slightly chewy, but the king of chewy cookies is still Subway for me.

11112009106

We proceeded to head back towards the hotel. At the local supermarket, we bought fruit (visiting my aunt later that day) and I also bought 8 tubes of Pringles. 5 were Wildspice flavour, 2 were Buffalo Wings and 1 was Cheesy Cheese. All flavours are not available in Australia.

After a quick chillaxing session, we hopped onto the bus and headed towards Bedok. We mingled for awhile before heading downstairs for dinner.

Ah Pang's Restaurant, Bedok

Upon arrival, we watched as the staff quickly construct a larger table by placing a larger table top on a smaller one. Between my folks and aunt and uncle, they ordered a selection of dishes to suit the dining group:

PB111506
Sweet and sour pork. Nice tender pork, no complaints here.

PB111508
Snake beans. These were tender and had wok hei, deliciously smokey! Mmmmmm!

PB111509
These were prawns cooked in a tomato sauce? The shells were still on but were thin enough to be edible (although some peeled them).

PB111510
Steamed fish: Steamed with soy sauce and ginger. Was quite boney but tasty...

PB111511
A fish claypot of some sort. This came bubbling to the table and had deep fried fish, capsicum and bitter cod in a thick gravy. Definitely tasty and one of the surprises for me of the night.

PB111512
Oong choy / kang kong. Nothing much to mention here, but delicious with belacan and dried shrimp.
PB111513

Cereal chicken. Instead of prawns, this dish was done with chicken. Crunchy fried oats, with chicken. Very tasty (not sure if chicken or prawns are better though).

No comments: